Thursday, July 10, 2014

OWH VCMP DAY #2 SATURDAY CHALLENGES

I am still working on my challenges from this past weekend over at OWH and here are my cards for the Saturday challenges! 

#1. ODBD monthly challenge was first up! Things with wings...what a great category! So many things to choose from but I decided to ink up a new stamp. I love that some of the Art Impression stamps feature more 'mature and rotund' people- so fun to color!

http://operationwritehome.org/june-odbd-challenge-2/


#2. Cherie got us thinking and going in circles...use at least 1 circle and 1 banner!  Well, you know me- I really like circles so I used a few more than 1! I purchased a package of cards with the dies at the stamp show in June from ThePaperCut.com. Fun to play with- and so easy! The hardest part was deciding on the sentiments to go in the banners!
http://cheriescorneroftheworld.blogspot.com/2014/07/add-em-up.html




#3. Next up is Andrea wants us to use a vintage image for a guy card.  This one was a bit of a challenge for me...I do not have a ton of vintage images but I managed to find a few in my itty, bitty, teeny, tiny stamp stash! Really simple but I like the masculine feel to the card.

http://craftytafty2.blogspot.com/2014/07/for-boyz.html


#4. Bobbi inspired us to make cards with lots of textures. This is my least favorite card...I love the textures and the papers,,,just not the final card.

http://bobbistreasure.blogspot.com/2014/07/2014VCMP.html



#5.  Marilyn then came up with a modes of transportation challenge. Hmmmm, I could have used the train for that....well- I decided to use this great Stampin' Up horse. Horses used to be a main way to travel and for some people- that is still true! My 2nd least favorite card... I tried to give it a rustic, worn impression and I think I went too far!

http://marilynscards.blogspot.com/2014/07/4th-of-july-vcmp.html


#6. And here is my favorite card- not because it is super detailed or colored perfectly with copics- the CTMH images were simply inked and fussy cut. I love it because it has a playful aspect-fun Santa's floating off the card! I cut strips of study clear plastic and adhered the jolly guys with glossy accents for a super strong hold! Thanks for the challenge to made a red, white and blue Christmas card Tami! She has some awesome inspiration cards posted on her blog! I hope you go check out all of the bloggers who made this great party possible!

http://tamiscraftconnection.blogspot.com/2014/07/operation-write-home-4th-of-july.html





And I did not forget about the MidWeek Throw Down from 7/2...to make a flag card. I made a few of these with help for Cori and Tessa. Distress inks over a stencil for the stripes and the stars...very different for me to use a card with mostly distress inks. I like the rustic look!


Thanks for hanging in there for another long post- and guess what! There is one more to come! I am working on the Sunday challenges...I am not done but I am making a huge mess of my work space- so that means I am having fun creating!

Have a wonderful week and thanks for stopping by- and know I really appreciate all of your comments! Donna H- I truly love that you always take the time to leave me some good thoughts- you always bring a smile to my face!
Take care all,
Diane

5 comments:

  1. I love the train stamp too. Good job finishing all of the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! The Santa step card is amazing! The Thank you card is great, we are our own worst critics. Thanks for taking the texture challenge at BobbisTreasure.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are great I really love the A.I. card. Thank you for participating in my RW&B Christmas challenge. You did a great job w/ it and all the others too.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback on my posts! Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

01 09 10