Sunday, February 2, 2014

Manly Yes...But I Like it Too! (And an Anniversary Shout Out!)

Do you remember the Irish Spring commercial? This weekend OWH is having a Card Bowl and we are challenged to make masculine cards.... thus the first part of my title!
             card bowl

Yesterday's challenge was for the monthly ODBD challenge and for February we are to make a card with the color brown. And amazingly- we have already exceed the goal of 50 cards! Wahooo!
Please go see all of the great cards! 
http://operationwritehome.org/odbd-february-challenge/

I used MFT camera die and stamps- and yes- I heat embossed the sentiment! A rarity for me! LOL 

Today's OWH sketch is fabulous and the sample card is by Donna- one the absolutely nicest people I have 'met' online-and so very talented too! You have to go visit Donna 
http://designingkeepsakes.blogspot.com

                                          210                     
                                              210 sample


For my sketch card, I used a CTMH stamp and die cut from the Artiste Cricut Cartridge. I was very surprised on my birthday with a bit of cash so I splurged and purchased some crafty supplies......  and man did I have some fun ordering!! I ordered the CTMH Artbooking cartridge and a few CTMH stamp sets, some Paper Smooches stamps and dies and some embellishments from Simon Says Stamp! I also re-stocked my supply of Copic X-press It Blending Card with an Amazon gift card---so I have loved coming home from busy work days to find packages waiting for me! lol!




And did you know that  Paper Smooches is celebrating their 3rd anniversary? They are-and they have new releases too! I am so impressed with the quality of all of the products, how fun and cute the images are, the super fast shipping and the customer service is OUTSTANDING! Go give Kim some love and help celebrate!
 http://papersmooches.blogspot.com/2014/02/happy-3rd-anniversary-to-paper-smooches.html
                                    

Here is a card I made in honor of the anniversary... I look up to Kim--her talent, her kindness and her business! I tried to keep with the OWH manly theme- and I love this paper-- I hope that coral/pinky color in a few of the squares is not too feminine- I tried to color the hippo's tongue the same color!

Well- I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys the game tonite. I know there will be heartbroken fans as well as joyous fans...I look forward to an exciting game!
Hello to my girls- Tessa, Cori, Maggie, Paige and Lola!
Thanks for stopping by, 
Diane

3 comments:

  1. Great cards, Diane, and how fun to splurge on some new supplies for your birthday!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sad to say... yes, I remember those commercials well. I will try to banish the thought from my mind by looking at these terrific masculine cards! And hooray for new crafty goodness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow a terrific array of cards here. You were a busy lady today. Looks like you worked harder than the Broncos did. LOL. Thank you so much for your shout out and very kind words. Your ODBD card is just picture perfect especially that incredible sentiment. I love that die piece camera. Your next two card are just perfect for our heroes. I'm glad to hear you had some time to spend your birthday $$$ and gift cards on crafting items. I love coming home to see packages on my front steps. That last card was precious and I don't think the coral is too feminine. Great matching job with the tongue. Diane, I'm thinking of going to the Heirloom show in Mas this year, is that the one you are talking about? Maybe, if you get a chance, you could look up my profile and get my email address and write to me to let me know if that is the same one you are going to. Talk to you soon. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback on my posts! Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

01 09 10