Thursday, December 5, 2013

Love...All Year Round!

Hello! OWH is challenging us this week to make Valentine's or Love cards. I have made some cards for Valentine's Day for my December shipment to OWH but I also like to make love cards that can be used any time.
My first card is a 'use sooner rather than later' card since the snowman limits the amount of time he can be sent...but with pretty much all My Favorite Things stamps- I could not resist this charming guy!
I kept the card pretty simple. The patterned paper is from Fancy Pants and the solid red and black is yummy cardstock from Bazzill-
nice and substantial ...love it for bases!  I used Spellbinders dies for the circles. The scalloped border is a Fiskars punch and the gold dots are from my stash- Hero Arts metallic dots...I just re-discovered them in a pile-o-stuff! And as always, my coloring is with Copics...I am still in love with these markers! I was a dedicated colored pencil gal until I was converted about 4 years ago...thanks, Fabre!

My next card is also super simple. I purchased the cardboard box stamp last June at the stamp show...it is by Denami- they make such adorable stamps! When I purchased it I thought I had lots of stamps that could come poking out of the box- but it is actually pretty small so an assortment of heart punches worked out well. You cannot see it in the photo, but I used my favorite Sakura clear glaze over the trio of hearts to give them some shiny impact. I also used it on a few of the hearts in the box. The sentiment is by MFT.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Craft on,
Diane

3 comments:

  1. Two fabulous card, Diane. I love that image on the first card and those "dots: are my favorite also. I still them everywhere and I love the way you did five on each side like that. Your second card is just ideal for a hero. Good job picking up that box. When I enlarged your photo I did see the glaze. Nice job on both. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so great Diane, and I especially ADORE the background paper on your snowman card! The box o' hearts is just plain fun! Well done on both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the snowman card is just adorable and would be appropriate for Valentines day in Indiana! I love the little box packed full of love too! Wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback on my posts! Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

01 09 10