Saturday, December 14, 2013

Drunken Stampers Time!

Welcome! Since it is Saturday, there is a new challenge for the Drunken Stampers. We have  challenges based upon a person, place or a thing and this week the Tropical Hooters are  globe trotting- we are flying off to Paris!And drinking lots of wine, and eating cheese and crusty bread and escargot!  Oh, we're not? I thought we were challenged to see if we could get to Paris before Christmas. Oh- we made cards about Paris? Oh. Ummm. A tad disappointing. OK- now I feel silly- I had my passport dusted off, my beret tilted on my head and I trying to decide if I should pack clothes or just buy all new outfits there. Guess I am staying in wintery New England! 
And I am really not disappointed- my fellow Hooters have some great creations to share with you-way better than dealing with jet lag!



Ooo la la-- oh no no! I just noticed one of my Queen and Co mini gems is weaving and wobbling from too much champagne! Funny what you notice in pictures- but not when it is right in your face!

My image is a Mimi in Paris by Penny Black-colored with copics and her hat is paper pieced. The Eiffel Tower is from Michael's--it has been in my stash for a while; I am not sure why I purchased it...my only time in France was a 2 day stop in Nice and I am pretty sure I did not see the Eiffel Tower!  (Our side trip to Monaco was fabulous- Nice was going thru construction so it was just eh!) I digress! Back to my card; focus Diane, focus! The pattern papers are from Bo Bunny,the Isabella Collection; the black base and the strip across the card is Bazzill; yummy, thick. study cardstock! 

So- how are you doing with your Christmas plans?
I am getting there- slowly but surely!

Thanks for coming by- and my bratty sister made fun of me and said 'Craft on and party on Garth'.....and that seems appropriate for the DS gang-- party on!!!!
Diane 

8 comments:

  1. She is darling and that papers are sweet. After you mentioned your wobbling gem I still had to look very hard to find it. Your coloring and paper piecing are very well done. Glad you had fun in Monaco. It always sounded like a fun place to visit. Yes it does look like you'll be staying in Mass. for the holidays but I think you have fun here too. Enjoy the weekend and the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only makes sense to me that one of the blings has overindulged and is a bit wobbly! Love that sequin Eiffel tower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought your Eiffel Tower was made up of M&Ms in the little photo on DS! I must have chocolate on the brain. Mimi is trés cute. I hope to share a coffee in Paris with her some day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute image, fabulous card, wtg with the sequins. I haven't had to run out an buy any YET, I'm usually way behind the trend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane, you always have me LOL at your trains of thought - no exception here! Fabulous card, even with the shnockered sequin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I've just giggled my way through your whole post! Love the sequin Eiffel tower, that's awesome. And seriously, what is it with not noticing those drunken things before you take the pic? Happens to me ALL.THE.TIME.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this adorable card -- très chic! I too see things only after I photograph them... usually a stray cat hair stuck between cardstock layers! :P

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback on my posts! Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

01 09 10