Thursday, January 31, 2013

Midweek Throwdown: Birthday Cards

Greetings! Yesterday, Jan challenged us to make birthday cards for Operation Write Home. I had just a small amount of time to make the card but I am pleased with the way it came out- very simple but I like all the elements! I used papers from DCWV [except the black, which is from my stash],  Offray ribbon, Spellbinders dies, and an unknown stamp that has been in my possession for a very long time- and this is the first time it has seen ink! Some quick copic coloring and a little black glaze pen on a stripe in the U and I was done! Not the fanciest of cards, but I like the colors and I like this particular sentiment as the focal point of the card. I just noticed my bow looks floppy in the picture...I fixed it! lol

I signed up for Clean and Simple Cards 2 class onlinecardclasses.com. The classes started on Monday and I have not been able to watch all the videos yet, but what I have watched- I really like! I have always admired Kristina Werner's talent as well as Jennifer McGuire's and I really like that they have guest designers. If you have not taken any of their classes, I strongly recommend them! Lots of information, techniques, samples, step by step instruction- really worth the $25.
Thanks for stopping by!
Take care and craft on,
Diane

1 comment:

  1. I really like the frame design! And the blue integrated with the paper really brings out the design!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback on my posts! Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

01 09 10